You can generally join a Medicare Advantage Plan if you meet these conditions:
• You have Part A and Part B
• You live in the plan’s service area
• You don’t have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant) except under certain circumstances
To enroll in a Special Needs Plans (SNP), some additional requirements apply such as:
• You have both Medicare and Medicaid
• You meet certain eligibility requirements for Chronic Special Needs Plans (C-SNP)
When Can You Enroll?
There are six types of election periods during which beneficiaries may make enrollment requests. They are:
• The Annual Election Period (AEP) October 15-December 7;
• The Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP);
• Initial Enrollment Period for Part D (IEP for Part D);
• The Open Enrollment Period for Institutionalized Individuals (OEPI);
• All Special Election Periods (SEP); and
• The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP).
There may be special circumstances that allow you to enroll outside of the time periods listed above, including:
• If you move out of your plan’s service area
• If you have both Medicare and Medicaid
• If you qualify for “Extra Help”
• If you live in an institution
• Other special circumstances
How to Enroll:
You can download the Enrollment Form, complete it and mail it to the plan. Please complete all sections on the form including your signature. Mail completed form and documentation to:
Doctors HealthCare Plans, Inc.
ATTN: Enrollment Department
2020 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Suite 901
Coral Gables, FL 33134
To enroll in one of our 2019 Medicare plans, please click on the link below to download a 2019 Enrollment Application Form:
Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in Doctors HealthCare Plans Inc. through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at www.medicare.gov
You can also call one of our Licensed Sales Agent 786-420-3427 or -833- 639-3427, 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (TTY: 711)
Pre-qualification Assessment for DrCare and Dr Extra
If you would like to enroll in one of our Chronic Disease Plans, the plan must confirm your chronic condition. Please complete a pre-qualification assessment tool. Doctors HealthCare Plans, Inc. uses a prequalification assessment tool to ensure you meet the plan’s eligibility requirements. Doctors HealthCare Plans has until the end of the first month of enrollment to confirm that you have the qualifying condition necessary for enrollment into the Chronic Special Needs Plan. If Doctors HealthCare Plans cannot confirm that you have the qualifying condition within that time, we will send you a disenrollment notice the first seven calendar days of the following month (i.e., the second month of enrollment) which is effective at the end of that second month.
Rights and Responsibilities Upon Disenrollment from the Plan
Doctors HealthCare Plans, Inc. will send disenrolled members a letter acknowledging disenrollment within ten (10) calendar days of receipt of the request to disenroll. This letter will include the effective date of disenrollment. Beginning on the effective date of disenrollment, Doctors HealthCare Plans will not cover any health care services received. Disenrolled individuals may obtain health care services through Original Medicare or through their new health care plan if they enrolled in one. Please alert your doctors that you have disenrolled from Doctors HealthCare Plans and provide your new insurance information.
For additional information please call us at 1-833-342-7463, TTY users should call 711. We are open 7 days a week from 8a.m. – 8p.m.
Last Updated: 8/30/2018